Friday, September 23, 2011

Bugarama

A couple of days ago I went to the hot springs in Bugarama, Cyangugu with Solange and one of her friends. Bugarama is very hot! Though I was on the border of Burundi and the DRC, I felt like I was in Tanzania. The water was really hot too; seriously, you could boil an egg. The springs themselves were large; in fact, one guy was swimming in one. It was a nice little park and much better than the hot springs in Gisenyi.

On another note, the conference we hosted earlier this month was a hit. The kids gave great performances and shared a wealth of information. Forgot my camera, so no pics.

I bought a modem the other day. I was getting sick of the internet cafes in town. The machines weren't the best and, on some days, the power would surge like every 10 minutes and reboot the computer. It was, therefore, very difficult for me work on anything for an extended period of time. Anyway, I got this modem so I can work from home now. The speed isn't great, but MTN, the service provider, is doing this promotion where you pay about $1.50 for roughly two days of unlimited internet connectivity. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment