Monday, April 13, 2009

Then there were 32...

It happens...

...people leave...

...the Peace Corps is not for everyone AND a lot can happen in 27 months.  

Statistically, 33%-50% of us will not complete our two years of service for one reason or another.

Originally, in D.C., there were 35 of us...

...we left D.C. as 34...

...today we are 32.  

We have recently experienced our second and third loss, though they left as one.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them in their travels home and in their future adventures.  

As for the rest of us...

...we pack...

...we prepare...

...and we pray...

Dramatically Yours,

Emmett 'The King of Drama' Reeb, III

5 comments:

  1. The key for success for you, Emmett, is to not get pregnant. It shouldn't be too hard for you though!!! I am glad to see you are doing well. Do you win a million dollars if you are last one there? No? That could be an interesting business model for the PC. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I love you guys! I needed this laugh! Another blog is on its way. - Emmett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Emmett:

    I have been following your blog for some time now and want to tell you how proud UIC and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is of you and your dedication to the Peace Corps and the people you serve. You are sharing your expertise, your social justice commitment, and your courage through your volunteerism- thank you Emmett for giving of yourself this way.

    I am in the midst of writing up stories about our incredible alumni, faculty, and students. You are a person who I would like to highlight in an upcoming letter, and was hoping you'd be up to collaborating with me.

    If you have an email address to share, I can provide more details. The bottom line is that we want to tell our donors and friends about the type of student graduating from LAS, and what those students do to enhance the global community.

    Are you game?

    Best wishes on your current travels Emmett-

    peace
    KJ Hardy
    Associate Director of Advancement
    LAS at UIC
    kjhardy@uic.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. KJ, it is great to hear from you. I am very excited to help. I may be reached at emmett_reeb@yahoo.com. My internet access is very infrequent, however...please bare with me. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

    ReplyDelete